The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Up, Up and Away on Flatbush Avenue

When little Mrs. Clarkson FlatBed Jr. turned two, I just knew I had to fill the house with floating balloons. Luckily, I live in a neighborhood where t, that loves its balloons floaty too. I noted that there was a great little cubby-hole balloon-only business at the indescribable (literally - you just gotta go there yourself) Caton Market, and I made a reservation for the day in question. The balloons were lovely - just the thing, and the bright-smiled proprietor offered to deliver for free. I preferred, however, to walk them proudly down Flatbush myself.

Cut to last week, when I noted that the little cubby "store within a store" space in Envy Nails had become none other that Cupid's Crafty Corner (I would've spelled it with K's). I don't know if it's legal (and frankly, around here, I could give an f) to place this big display curbside. Here's the pic, and I fully endorse them for all your balloon, stuffing, candy bouquet and italian ice needs. However, they will not give you a "shot" of helium from the tank - I asked.

No comments: