The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I Watched Music Videos So You Don't Have To

The only connection to the neighborhood is that I was at home in yours and my neighborhood while watching dozens of "best" music videos until too late. Yes, I got sucked into the vortex last night. Why be selfish? I found some stuff that tripped my trigger, so why not share? These videos, and the bizarre and wonderful music that goes with them (or vice-versa) made me trust that the arts-fartsy youth of today are doing things other than just checking Facebook on the elevators. They're making hi-art, and blending every conceivable tool at their disposal.






No comments: