The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Changing Blog Name to De Gucc at Parkside

The Q goes away for the weekend and what do I find when I come back? DeGucc of York and his minions have taken over my blog! If you don't believe me, look at the recent comments to the right. UPDATE: ACTUALLY I TOOK A BUNCH OF THEM DOWN. DeGUCC LOST ME WHEN HE STARTED SENDING SEXUALLY EXPLICIT NOTES TO HIMSELF THROUGH THE COMMENTS. OY VEY.

Now, I'm no Bill Jobs or Steve Gates, but I've blogged around the block a time or two, and I know how to delete comments when they come in. In all the time I've been writing this here Pulitzer Prize bound thingy (oh, about 100 days) I've never had to do so. No profanity, no ugliness, not so much as a drunken irate tirade.

If you haven't the time, please read all the great posts about DeGucc, from DeGucc, with Degucc, with feeling about DeGucc FROM DeGucc. Or comment about another blog post! Cuz pretty soon I'm going to have to take the DeGucc down due to, um...the fact that this is MY blog!

One last hurrah though. Many people have asked me...what does DeGucc of York LOOK like? Here's to you, D.G.!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be the mastermind behind his publicity campaign, im SURE he didnt come up with all this on his own. and if so what other tricks you have in mind for us???

he owes you a huge THANK YOU

Clarkson FlatBed a/k/a Tim said...

Sorry Anon. Wish that I were smart enough to think up such a campaign. DeGucc is such a genius, he didn't need my help.

Actually, he's a bit of a pain in my ass, but he's a really entertaining ass pain.

Anonymous said...

i been an avid fan of the other blog and i dont even remember anything explicit at all...
unless you find ANY forms of flaterry by the opposite sex offensive........
uhm......
and i can tell by the other comments to your other rants that your "following" isn't too consistent...
so enjoy the increase traffic to your blog..
its a blog...
and no matter how much traffic DeGUCC generates...
its still your blog!!!!
to be shared, debated and related on all levels.....
be proud!!!!
you finally stumbled across something that was actually worth people taken time out there busy day to comment about....

DeGUCC IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Really feeling what I'm hearing!!!! Where's da cd? I need something!!! N how many of those damn posters do you have? Everywhere I go!!