The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

71st Precinct Newsletter

5 comments:

Bob Marvin said...

Thanks for running this Tim. I get it emailed directly from Vinnie, but am always frustrated that the newsletter is in a format that can't be opened with my Mac.

babs said...

Can't open it on my PC either. What is it?

Bob Marvin said...

It's a .pub Microsoft Publisher file, which can't be opened on a Mac. I presume at least SOME PCs can open it, Tim did. I wrote to Vinnie about this a long time ago, but the choice of format isn't his. Very shortsighted on the part of the NYPD!

Bob Marvin said...

Det. Martinos just sent out the newsletter in a few .doc versions, all of which open on my Mac with no problem. Thank you Vinnie! I hope you'll do the same with future issues.

cheryl on parkside ave said...

Finally able to open the newsletter on my ipad. Thanks.