If you've got questions or specific concerns about recent violence in south Lefferts/north Flatbush, I'm sure you'll want to be at this meeting to discuss what Law & Order is doing to prevent the sorts of crime that puts us all at risk, and the problems affecting (mostly) young men in particular that lead to these outbursts.
Monday, April 20
40 Clarkson, Basement Community Room
Hi All ---
I heard back today from the DAs office, they have confirmed April 20, 7pm for our community meeting. I couldn't get it pushed any later than that (they originally proposed 6pm). With Tim Thomas' help I listed the items below as talking points, which is a working draft. Next step is to spread the word and to extend an invite to our (various) precincts etc.
- Date: Monday April 20th
- Time: 7pm
- Location: 40 Clarkson Avenue (between Flatbush/Bedford), in the basement community room
Agenda items (working draft):
- Neighborhood crime/safety concerns
- Crime proximity to schools and playgrounds and the safety of our children
- Precinct communications (both between precincts and between precinct and the community)
- We'd like to explore the possibility of an Impact Zone
- We'd like to explore the possibility of a C.O.P.
- We'd like to explore S.O.S. 'interrupters' as a possible way to help our neighborhood
- Gun buyback