From an eagle-eyed reader comes the Craiglist post looking for baristas, below. This place is clearly on point with zeitgeist java protocols.
Tip of The Tongue is looking to hire new baristas for its Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn location right next to Prospect Park and the B/Q/S subway stop. We will be working closely with and serving Forty Weight Coffee. We are looking for somebody with experience, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic. We pride ourselves on excellent service, a deep connection with our customer base, and a strong knowledge for cutting-edge coffee.
- Must have genuine passion for coffee and the ability to pull great shots consistently (you must have pulled a shot within the last 3 months)
- Should be familiar with current trends in the specialty coffee industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, single origin espresso
- Our espresso is made on a La Marzocco GB/5.
- All of our coffee is brewed using a Fetco brewer and the pour-over method
- We make Japanese iced coffee as well as Toddy cold brew
- Basic latte art is preferred, but not required. (We can show you a thing or two without attitude)
- Experience with pourover extraction a plus
- Food Handler's License is a plus
- Flexible schedule