The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Midwood Flats - The Sign Is Up - Sign of the Times?


9 comments:

Mary said...

Aw darn! My husband and I have to stop referring to it as the "steampunk bar" now.

Unknown said...

Are they open?

diak said...

I really like the signage. If their chef and their bartenders are as good as their graphic designer, we got a winner here.

Highly Effective King Clovis said...

I am SOOOO stoked that there will be a real bar in this area (not counting the place on Lincoln Rd). I have been dying for a neighborhood spot since I moved here 7 years ago and D Ave just hasn't cut it. I hope they have a fine assortment of craft ales and pub food. I know on some other comment board people seemed mostly concerned with veggie offerings. I just need a local bar to have a few where I can also meet some new friends. Oh, a jukebox would be nice too, but just good quality beer and fun is acceptable.

Jeffery Brown said...

My boyfriend and I can no longer walk past and giggle at the "Human Hair Toys" sign which it has replaced but we're much happier about "Lagers and Ales"!

Clarkson FlatBed said...

Don't laugh. Those were some of the best human hair toys I ever purchased. Lovingly made by hand. I still have a few, though they tend to retain odors. They make great dusters too!

babs said...

Can't wait for them to open - I'm told by several that Bluebird is simply LPT redux, albeit with a yard and a nicer main room (that's what happens when you simply transfer the same staff/management from one place to the other, or have them do double duty).

Clarkson FlatBed said...

But what a lovely staff they are, is what you were about to say, right?

babs said...

Absolutely for some, less so for others. While some are unfailingly welcoming, efficient, and just overall dolls (looking at you, Laura) others seem intent on enforcing a "members only clubhouse" atmosphere, which has turned off more than a few of my non-hispter neighbors (who, BTW, have more money to spend than most of the favored "members").